Friday, January 13, 2017

Continuing his work....





Today our school got together to celebrate the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.  The Kindergarteners presented a song to us and we watched a short film about his life and legacy.  Here are some of our thoughts - ways we all believe we can continue his work and make the world a better place.

  • Spend a whole day with Great Grandma
  • Give money and food to the food shelf, help anyone who needs help with anything, and make Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. happy because of what we did!
  • Donate money to save animals and do anything we can for any living thing that will make life great
  • Watch my twin siblings for at least 45 minutes to give my parents a break!
  • Donate to the Food Shelf
  • Help my dad with his projects
  • Stop fights, give money to the shelter and food to the homeless
  • Help my brother build a fort, and help my old neighbor with his garden in the spring
  • Me and my  mom can go to the grocery store and buy new food and donate it to the Richmond Food Shelf
  • I could cook for somebody who needs food and then donate food to the Richmond Food Shelf
  • Donate food to a food shelf that could help other people
  • I would want to help my brother whenever he struggles
  • Give food to a food shelf 
  • Cook meals for the hungry
We hope that everyone has a nice long weekend and uses the extra day to do something extra nice for someone else.  Thank you!

-Mrs. Berliner's Class

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Peaceful Classroom Community

These first few days of school we will have lots of conversations about setting up our classroom community so that everyone feels and is abl...